Moving around and carrying out everyday tasks can be challenging when dealing with severe back pain. Whether you're experiencing chronic pain or have pain caused by a personal injury, chiropractic care can bring you lasting relief. We've helped many patients manage back pain at Lower Cape Chiropractic in Orleans, MA.
Common Causes of Back Pain
Numerous issues can lead to back pain, which is why it's a common complaint. While it's not unusual for people to have pain after an injury, many develop pain because of their daily habits. Some of the most common factors that cause back pain include:
- Sciatica - Your sciatic nerve begins in your lower back and runs along both legs. When this nerve is compressed or irritated in some way, it can cause numbness and radiating pain. This condition is known as sciatica.
- Bad posture - Improper posture can stress the back and shoulders, causing back and neck pain. Slouching and weak back muscles are associated with posture issues.
- Strained muscles or ligaments - If you move suddenly or put too much stress on the muscles in your back, it can lead to an overuse injury. These injuries often occur after someone tries lifting heavy objects without the appropriate techniques.
- Bulging or slipped discs - Discs separate our spinal bones to absorb shock. These discs can rupture or slip out of place, causing intense pain.
- Trauma - Many types of injuries, including a car accident injury or a slip and fall, can lead to back pain. In addition, some injuries may damage the spine or push it out of alignment.
How Our Chiropractors Can Help
Our chiropractors can relieve pain and stiffness in the back, identify the issues causing your pain, and take steps to improve function. During your first visit, our chiropractors will ask questions about your symptoms and carefully examine your back. Once they've done that, they can create a personalized treatment plan to relieve you.
Chiropractors use various techniques to ease pain and improve the body's natural healing process. These techniques may include spinal adjustments and soft tissue therapy. Our chiropractors may also work with you to strengthen the muscles in your back, which can fix posture issues and prevent future injuries. Chiropractic care effectively treats back and neck pain and other problems with your overall health.
Get Personal Injury Treatment from Our Chiropractors
Whether recovering from a car accident injury or struggling with an aching back, don't wait for the care you need. Instead, make an appointment at Lower Cape Chiropractic in Orleans, MA, to treat your back pain and improve your symptoms. Call our office at (508) 255-5866 to schedule an appointment.